It is really important for kids, specially the school-going ones to have a healthy breakfast that will provide them the right nutrition to start their day. A healthy and heavy breakfast is must to keep them full till the next break. Every breakfast dish that a mom prepares across the subcontinent is meant to be delicious as well as nutritious enough to keep the kids active and energetic.
So let’s discuss some of the quickest and healthy breakfast recipes that the next generation kids will love to have. Try tasty and quick breakfast recipes like power Poha, corn Paratha, Idli, Museli to start off the day on the right note.
• Breakfast Upma: Upma is one of the most common and quick breakfast recipes in almost all the kitchens. It is a quick preparation which is prepared using some common ingredients. Make it healthier and tastier by adding a lot of boiled veggies like carrots, potatoes, beans and peas along with semolina. Serve hot in an inverted shape like cut that your kid will love a lot.
• Toast with spinach and tomato spread: Pep up the multigrain bread with a healthy topping of spinach and sprouts on the tomato spread. Kids will definitely love one of the vitamin-rich healthy meals while the adults will relish the start of the day with a low cholesterol treat.
• Power packed cereal: Anything homemade is nutritious and definitely more satisfying as compared to the store-bought food items. So why not try cereal at home? This is a fun-food for kids as these are crunchy, sweet and contain lot of dry fruits. This power packed cereal will give ample energy and nutrients for an active day as well as antioxidants to fight infection and pollution surrounding us. Apart from wheat germ and oats, it is packed with sunflower seeds, lots of nuts and sesame seeds.
• Stuffed moong sprouts dosa: If your kids love wraps and veggie-loaded snacks, they are going to love this meal too. It is one of the healthy meals that provide a good wallop of protein, iron and calcium. It is an innovative and tasty way to consume the left over sprouts prepared with a lot of veggies like cabbage and carrot with the peppy chaat masala. To prepare this dish, combine sprouts with the required water and blend a smooth paste. Add rice flour and salt to it and mix it well so that no lumps are formed. Prepare a batter of dosa consistency. Sauté all the veggies and prepare it for the filling of dosa.
• Corn and Capsicum tikki: Corn and capsicum are going to form such an irresistible snack. See how they complement with each other in everything from the texture to taste. Corn is sweet and juicy, while capsicum is crunchy and spicy. Easy to prepare with minimal ingredients, Corn and Capsicum tikki is one of the healthy meals for the start of the day for your kid. Blend corn in mixer without using water and add capsicum, rice flour and salt to it. Mix it well and make round flat tikkis of desired size. Deep fry these tikkis and serve them with green chutney.
Do try these recipes for your family and kids to make them feel special. Cheers!
Source by Vaishnavi Arya